Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Preston Threads at EventCity

Preston Threads are exhibiting their work on colour from September 13th - 15th at Event City.
Linda Bellingham is said to be opening the event. (See poster below for more details).
I will be stewarding on Friday so if you are there do come and say hello.

                   

Our exhibition is called 'Coloured Threads'. We were each given a colour at random to work with. Mine was yellow. definitely not a colour I would have chosen. We created some pieces using our colour and also a sketchbook in that colour. I have great difficulty deciding what to do until a trip to Madeira last October where we stayed in a lovely apartment in the midst of a banana plantation. So much yellow it was breath taking!  So my pieces and my sketchbook have all been inspired by those beautiful leaves.
These were on display in April this year at Aintree.







               



2 comments:

Heather said...

I love your pieces of work and sketchbook pages. All those lovely yellows and greens suggest springtime to me, but then I have never seen a banana plantation.

MargaretR said...

Beautiful sketchbook and pieces of work. It's good to try something different at times, I don't think yellow would have been my choice either, but after seeing your work I might have a go.