Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Preston Threads–Aintree 26th-28th 2012

ICHF Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts

We have been at Aintree Racecourse today putting up our exhibition ‘Coloured Threads’.

The show starts tomorrow (Thursday) and runs until Saturday.
I will be there stewarding all day tomorrow so if you are there please do come and say hello. (Stand G04 – Preston Threads). We are right at the back of the venue.  We have been working with Linda Westerman as our mentor and it was she who suggested this theme.

Here is a little taster of what you will see in our display.  We each started with a colour selected at random, made a collection of items and then worked into a sketch book. We used work produced in our sketchbooks to make decisions about what we would create for the display.  The sketchbooks are also on display. My colour was yellow. Not my favourite and certainly no one that I work with normally so somewhat out of my comfort zone on that one!

             1
             2
             display1
sk1     jp2
     sr1            pf1
mf1       cc1
ma1      ac1

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your exhibition sounds fascinating and I would love to see it if only I didn't live so far away.
I would be very daunted by having to work in a sketchbook first, but love to see other people's sketch books. They add so much interest to an exhibition and allow the viewers to understand the thought processes which lead to each piece of work.

Carolyn Phillips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn Phillips said...

I picked up your card at Aintree. The Preston Threads display was great and I spent ages looking at the various pieces with my mum and talking to the people there. I was esp inspired by the sketchbooks.

Heather said...

Lovely to read your comment on my blog. Sadly I am not going to the Festival of Quilts, but it would be so nice to meet you and say hello. I am not a quilter but have been to a couple of the Malvern Quilt shows and was stunned by the variety and quality of quilts on display. I imagine the FOQ is even bigger and better.